As part of the Daughters of Charity Health System, we provide competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit plans. Our benefit plans include medical, dental, vision, retirement and life insurance options, as well as vacation and extended sick leave accrual. Benefits plans vary for contractual and non-contractual associates (employees).
Associate Benefit Eligibility
Full Time and Part Time associates who are regularly scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week are eligible for our benefit plan.
Benefits available for all Associates:
- Free shuttle from Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) System to Daly City
- On-site access to San Mateo County Transit District (SamTrans)
- Free and convenient parking
- Direct deposit of payroll check
- Free morning coffee
Eligible dependents include:
- Legally married spouse
- Legally domiciled adult of covered associate (an individual age 18 or older who lives with the associate and is dependent upon the eligible associate for over half of his or her support; children of legally domiciled adult are also eligible for coverage)
- Dependent children under age 24 who qualify as dependents according to the IRS
- Mentally or physically disabled children who became disabled prior to age 19
Benefits Effective Date
Non-Contractual Associate: 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
Contractual Associate: 1st of the month following 90 days of employment
We offer HMO, PPO & POS plans with various vendors including Healthnet, Blue Shield and CIGNA. Plans vary depending on whether or not an associate is affiliated with a Union.
We offer three types of Delta Dental insurance as well as a CIGNA dental plan. Plans vary depending on whether or not an associate is affiliated with a Union.
We offer both the Vision Service Plan and Medical Eye Service. Plans vary depending on whether or not an associate is affiliated with a Union.
Tax shield annuities are available to Associates through Lincoln Alliance, Valic Retirement Services, and Fidelity Investments. Plans vary depending on whether or not an associate is affiliated with a Union.
Our Plan At-A-Glance
|Eligibility to join the Plan||Immediately upon hire|
|Benefit Formula||1.6% of monthly pay (with cash balance minimum benefit guaranty)|
|Vesting||100% after 5 years of vesting service|
|Normal Retirement Date||First day of the month on or after age 65|
|Early Retirement Date||First day of any month on or after age 55, if vested|
|Disability Benefits||Any age and vested|
• Before Retirement
• After Retirement
|Any age and vested
Based on form of pension payment